What Customers are Saying about SERVPRO of Sugar Land
Your trusted trained professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land strive to provide the best customer service. We understand the stress and worry that come with fire or water damage and the disruption it causes to your home and business. Rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property and quickly make it “Like it never even happened.”
What our customers are saying:
“SERVPRO of Sugar Land exceeded my expectations when it came to handling my recent water damage. They were very communicative, responsive, and efficient. The crew was also neat and clean when it came to mitigation. I’d definitely use them again if the need arises.” Courtney L.
“Had water damage to our ceilings from the AC drip pan overflowing in the attic. The team came in quickly cleaned out all the wet insulation and drywall and taped it back up until the contractor could come and repair it.” Amy B.
When your home or commercial business needs help with a property damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Sugar Land is on-call and ready to respond! Call us today at (281) 313-1338!
National Hurricane Preparedness Week
Be prepared by adding SERVPRO of Sugar Land to your emergency contact list. Our team is always here to help the community when disaster strikes!
May 1st-7th marks National Preparedness Hurricane week. Living near the coast of Texas, it's important that citizens are ready for hurricane season, which begins June 1st. These plans should include having a clear plan of knowing what to do before the storm hits and who to contact after a hurricane strikes. Steps to consider:
Determine the cause the hurricane may cause
Develop an evacuation plan
Assemble or replenish supplies
Strengthen your home
Write out a complete plan
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is ready with the proper equipment and trained professionals to restore the aftermath caused by a hurricane. Remember to give us a call at SERVPRO of Sugar Land - (281) 313-1338. Our team truly cares for our community and we are always here to help when disaster strikes!
Flash Flood in Sugar Land
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here for our community when mother nature strikes!
The saying goes "April showers bring May flowers", however, there have not been a lot of showers this past April. It does not hurt to be prepared for storms though. Heavy rain storms can cause flash floods which can be tremendously dangerous. Flash floods can occur with little or no warning and can become deep and fierce very quickly. These waters move with great strength at fast speeds. Because of this, they can cause extensive damage, destroying buildings and uprooting trees. In addition, flash floods typically occur as the result of large or intense storms such as hurricanes where massive amounts of rain are released in a brief period of time.
Follow your local news source for up-to-date information on weather situations and pay close attention to their warnings. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is here for you! Give us a call for your storm damage needs!
Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring cleaning is a great way to start off the new season!
Now that it’s spring, it’s time to do something about the winter clutter that has been building up in your home over the winter months. Decluttering your home can help the transitioning into warmer weather easier and the lifestyle you want. Add a little freshness to your home by trying these ideas to jump-start the spring cleaning!
- Start with a schedule: Review your home, and make a list of what is needed. Then you can prioritize and schedule your cleaning to keep from being overwhelmed.
- Create a checklist: Create a plan of action. Take an area and break it down into sections. Create different tasks that need to be done around the house
- Organize and pace yourself: A really good deep spring cleaning should take more than a day. Set aside a weekend to steadily get the major chores done. An average amount of time to clean an area can take about 2-6 hours.
- Work from the top down: Start from the top and work your way down. When you begin dusting a room, it would only make sense to start at the top and work your way down. By starting from the top, you will be able to save more time and energy instead of having to repeat the task at hand.
- Read Instructions: Read the labels on the product you are using. Be sure to follow the directions to avoid any recommended materials to use or supplies before using the item and be sure not to mix any hazardous cleaning agents together (example: do not mix bleach and ammonia together)
- Keep up rather than catch up: To make your future spring cleaning easier on you, create a monthly checklist of a task to do. Break it up into rooms or sections followed by a flexible schedule to get these chores accomplished.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is a team of specialists, trained in cleanup and care for your home. We are always here to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Give our team a call today if you experience any water or fire damage at (281) 313-1338.
Washing Machine Overflow Prevention Tips
Call our experts at SERVPRO of Sugar Land to help with your water damage needs.
There are many appliances that can cause water damage to residential property. One appliance includes a washing machine. Although they are highly efficient in our chores, they can also cause a major headache when a washing machine floods a home it can be a costly repair. In order to prevent a costly repair, take some actions to reduce the risk of a leaking washer. Below are a few tips to prevent future water damage in your home:
- Overloaded machine - A common reason to have a leaking water machine is because the machine has been overfilled. Have a limit to prevent a water overflow
- Worn out hoses – If you are using an older washing machine, the gasket hose can become brittle over time and cause a leak. It is important to do a maintenance check every once in a while, to reduce any water damages
- Excessive suds – Too much detergent can cause extra suds which can lead to some overflow and cause water damage.
Fast action is required when there is a leaking washer machine. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is a trained professional team that has the tools and experience to help meet your restoration needs. Our team is faster to any size water damage and is dedicated to helping you when disaster strikes!
SERVPRO of Sugar Land Here to Help When Fire Damage Occurs
Our team is always here when disaster strikes! Give the professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call!
When you try to clean up after a fire by yourself, it can be a disaster. Especially considering that smoke and soot from even a small fire can permanently damage contents throughout a home. It will also cause odors that may resurface for years.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land understand how disruptive fires can be for you and your entire family. For this reason, SERVPRO of Sugar Land offers 24-hour emergency response and will have trained technicians on-site of fire damage within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of fire, smoke, and soot clean-up and restoration services, our team can help you regain control quickly while deodorizing and protecting your home and belongings.
So, before you risk doing more damage by attempting to clean it up yourself, call your local fire, smoke, and soot clean up and restoration experts at SERVPRO of Sugar Land no matter how big or small the fire is, our team is always here to help when disaster strikes!
Small Water Damage Could Potentially Lead to Bigger Problems
Small amounts of water may not look like much, but a little bit of water can potentially lead to serious problems. Any kind of water damage that intrudes to your business is never a good thing, especially if the water potentially may contain harmful bacteria.
The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a water loss. When time matters most, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land understands how disruptive water damages can be for your customers and your property. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your business! Our trained experts are here to help, (281)313-1338.
When Is It Time To Replace A Hot Water Heater?
When was the last time you changed your hot water heater? Has it been a while? It’s one of those appliances that may be remained unseen or hidden away in the attic. However, it’s important to make sure to keep up regular maintenance for many reasons. Homeowners can wake up in the middle of the night or even come home to water all over their homes. Depending on the size, it can possibly leave up to 50+ gallons of water. Below are a few telling signs that it may be time to change out the hot water heater in your home.
- Typically, a gas hot water heater can last about 8 to 12 years, while an electric model will last slightly longer from about 10 to 15 years. If your water heater is getting up in years, it may be time to replace it before it breaks
- If a puddle surrounds the base of the hot water heater, it is important to take action immediately
- If there is no hot water while using the tap, this may be an indicator it’s time to get the hot water heater checked
- Signs of tinted water coming from your hot water tap means there may be rust in the hot water heater, which may show possible aging and a signal of an oncoming leak
- Gurgling or popping noises coming from your water heater are caused by the buildup of hard water sediment heating up and exploding inside your water heater tank
It is always good to be prepared, because disasters may strike when we least expect them. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is dedicated to helping you when disaster strikes. Give our trained professionals a call if you ever experience any kind of water damage.
What To Do Until Help Arrives
Have you ever experienced water damage in your home? Each time a house is damaged by water, the type and/or amount of damage can be different and requires different and unique solutions. When sewer water enters your home, it may contain bacteria, viruses, and other microbes that can cause illness. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Sugar Land has the right equipment and specialized training to quickly fix these issues. While you're waiting for our services, here are some helpful things to do and not until help has arrived.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily damaged or we areas
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if they have been exposed to contaminated areas.
Give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call if you ever experience any kind of water damage. Our experts are here to help, 281-313-1338.
It is The Water That You Do Not See in your Business
There is no such thing as a small disaster. Especially when the water you cannot see contains bacteria. Unseen water can create a much larger claim down the road. So before you try to clean things up yourself, consider how this will potentially affect the property if the clean-up is not done properly.
Our professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land understand how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business and customers. For this reason, SERVPRO of Sugar Land offers 24-hour emergence response, and, under normal circumstances on-site for water damage within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly within a full line of water clean-up and restoration services, our staff will help you reclaim your business quickly while drying, deodorizing, and protecting your belongings.
So, before risking the value of your home SERVPRO of Sugar Land highly advises you to give our team of trained professionals a call. Our staff is available 24/7 dedicated to helping our community when disaster strikes!