Does Your Sugar Land Home Have A Mold Problem?
Give the experts a call today - (281) 313-1338!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all molds, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see any signs of mold, call SERVPRO of Sugar Land Today - (281) 313-1338
Get to Know SERVPRO of Sugar Land
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is putting our community and customers first!
SERVPRO of Sugar Land has been helping the Sugar Land community for the last 10 years. Owner Natalie and Mark Hart are dedicated to helping customers in Victoria, Texas and the surrounding communities. Over time, our company has grown however, our mission has stayed the same. Our team serves the people, business,es and organizations that make Sugar Land beyond wonderful. As leaders of the business, Natalie and Mark have created a team of people with knowledge and experience of the industry to help take care of customers to the best of their ability. Here at SERVPRO of Sugar Land, our customers come first. We strive to provide outstanding customer service and help put back the pieces back together after a disaster strikes. As a locally owned and operated franchise, we are dedicated to helping our community when water or fire damages strike their home or business. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is dedicated to helping make disasters "Like it never even happened."
Summer Vacation? Protect your Sugar Land Home
No matter how big or small the damage is, SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help!
Summer break has just begun and what better time than now to take a vacation! Summertime is the prime time to travel and a survey shows about one-third of American families are taking the opportunity this summer to go on a summer vacation (pre-COVID 19). But in case of an unexpected disaster, be sure to have your home prepared. Below is a list of things to do to make sure your home is secure when you're off spending time with your family on vacation.
Make arrangements with an Emergency Contact:
- Close friend or neighbor
- Provide emergency contact
- Turn on porch lights
- Collect mail - burglars look for home's with overflowing mail
Protecting your Home:
- Consider getting motion sensor lights, this way, if anyone gets too close to your home, lights will automatically turn on.
- Purchasing an electric timer may be helpful for your home. This allows you to save energy and keep your electricity bill cost lower.
- Keep watch, use the emergency contact above to keep an eye on your home, and check it each day to make sure everything is okay.
- A security system is one of the best ways to protect your home while on vacation
Taking Additional Precautions:
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply tank, or appliance
- Turn off all water valves to any appliance with a waterline
- Unplug all electronics to prevent any electrical shortages
- Make sure smoke detectors working properly before leaving
- Adjust your thermostats to 75-82 degrees, this will help control air usage.
- Be careful what you say. Leaving for vacation is exciting but saying too much may create your home as a target for invasion. Resist the temptation to broadcast your vacation on social media - tell your friends after you return.
- Tell your alarm company- alert the company you will be out of town, especially on an extended trip.
- Lock everything down and secure valuables.
Don't let your summer vacation turn into a water staycation. If an unexpected water event or disaster happens, you know who to call. Give the trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call!
Hurricane Season is Just Around the Corner
Our team is ready to help, if you have questions give our team at SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call!
Hurricane season is approaching, do you know when hurricane season officially begins? If you answered June 1st, you are correct! Hurricanes are unpredictable, which makes it hard to be prepared for one. Regardless, every business and residence should have an updated hurricane preparedness plan in place just in case a disastrous event was to take place. These plans should include having a clear plan of knowing what to do before the storm hits and who to contact after a hurricane strikes. SERVPRO of Sugar Land should be part of your emergency contacts. Our team is ready with the proper equipment and trained professionals to restore the aftermath caused by the storm. Remember to give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call - (281) 313-1338. We truly care for our community, our team is always here to help!
Emergency Ready Profile
Give our team a call, we are always here to help!
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile is a startup approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference for important buildings and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business can receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage:
- A no-cost assessment of your facility. – This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. – It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. – This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Sugar Land as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. – You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and is close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. – This saves time, so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information. – Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it, and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW.
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, many of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are “Ready for whatever happens” speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don’t necessarily have to be.
Fire Pit Safety Tips
Do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Sugar Land when fire damage strikes, we are always here to help!
Many of us are looking forward to spending time gathering around them to enjoy time with family and friends before the summer heat truly kicks in.
Some of us may be uncovering our fire pits and looking forward to spending time with family and friends gathering around them. Practicing fire safety is important. Below are a few tips for fire pit safety:
The fire pit should be a minimum of 10 feet away from any structures or combustible materials as well as away from trees, fences, sheds, power lines, and telephone wires.
Burn only dry material; damp material will create excess smoke.
Do not use lighter fluid or gasoline to start the fire, as it can burn out of control or even result in explosions. Do not burn tires, aerosols, or anything containing paint or foam to avoid toxic fumes which could also explode and cause injury.
Wear non-flammable clothing while starting, sitting near, or extinguishing the fire.
Do not leave the fire unattended, and keep pets and children far away from the fire as they will be attracted to it.
Keep the proper fire extinguishing equipment, or at least a water hose, handy in case of an emergency.
Be safe and use good judgment while using a fire pit. SERVPRO of Sugar Land cares deeply for our community and is available 24/7 if an emergency should occur. We are here to help. Give our team of trained professionals a call, we are dedicated to helping you when disaster strikes!
Consider Air Duct Cleaning for your Business
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help our community!
Consider putting air duct cleaning on your to-do list for your business. Why is getting your air ducts cleaned so important you ask; there are quite a few reasons actually. Air quality in your business is important and having your ducts clean and inspected yearly can be a huge benefit to your property and your employees. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the duct work of your home or business. If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating dust, pollen, odors, dirt and debris, and/or other contaminants.
Dirt can circulate odors, contaminants like mold, and irritating dust throughout a home By inspecting the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC), this will help clean can extend the life of the equipment.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land recommends addressing any indoor air quality concerns, although it may not be required. Our team is highly trained and certified and can assist you with duct cleaning and mold remediation. We are dedicated to helping make disasters "Like it never even happened.”
Preparing for Rain
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help when rain or storm disaster strikes!
When it rains, it pours. SERVPRO of Sugar Land specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. More rain continues to fall this week around the Sugar Land area. Is your home or business secure from the rainfall? Here are a few tips to help prepare to help avoid potential rainwater intruding into your home use these precautions:
- Weatherstrip windows and doors when rain is in the forecast
- Regularly inspect and maintain your gutters
- Check for holes, leaks, and rust on your roof
- Check your downspouts
- Have trees trimmed
Follow your local news source for up-to-date information on weather situations and pay close attention to their warnings. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is here for you! Give us a call for your storm damage needs (281) 313-1338.
Mold Removal vs. Remediation
When it comes to mold, SERVPRO of Sugar Land has the knowledge and experience to deal with your mold issues!
Many people do not know that there is a difference between “mold removal” and remediation. Mold spores exist naturally everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, as they are microscopic. This means that removing 100% of mold from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration companies will advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee they can completely remove all mold. This is simply not true.
Qualified restoration companies understand the science behind mold growth and the makeup of mold. All SERVPRO franchises provide thorough training on how to properly remediate mold. The remediation of mold focuses on getting the levels of mold back to natural and normal levels.
Since every mold damage scenario is different, each requires a different solution but our general mold remediation process stays consistent here at SERVPRO of Sugar Land.
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Here at SERVPRO of Sugar Land, our technicians receive advanced training to deal with mold issues in a home or business. Committed to providing excellent services, SERVPRO of Sugar Land has the technology and crew to help you make it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold Safety Tips
Call SERVPRO of Sugar Land today to help with your mold clean-up and restoration.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact trained professionals
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Sugar Land specializes in mold clean-up and restoration. Our staff is highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly eliminate your mold problem quickly and safely. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help, making sure “Like it never even happened.”