Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Sugar Land today at (281) 313-1338 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Be Prepared for a Rainy Day
This past weekend, there has been quite a bit of rainfall. SERVPRO of Sugar Land has worked on a couple of different sites due to the amount of rain that the city has seen. Several customers have called during after-hours due to leaks caused by the excess rain. Although these leaks are unavoidable at times, our goal is to help you be prepared before the next rainy day comes. To help avoid potential rainwater intruding into your home use these precautions:
Regularly inspect and maintain your gutters
Check for holes, leaks, and rust on your roof
Weatherstrip windows and doors when rain is in the forecast
Check your downspouts
Have trees trimmed
When it comes to storms, SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help. We are dedicated to helping our community when disaster strikes. If you have any questions regarding potential water or storm damage in your home, give our trusted train professionals a call (281) 313-1338!
Benefits of Getting your Air Ducts Cleaned
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help!
Is it worth having your air ducts clean? Getting the ventilation systems inspected should be a high priority on your to-do list. In most cases, the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system has been operating for some time without attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your business or home.
Clean air ducts benefits:
- Eliminates offensive odors
- Reduces potential mold growth
- Remediates bacteria, fungi and mold
- Restore peak energy efficiency
- Lowers indoor air pollution
A routine part of the SERVPRO of Sugar Land service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.
Potential Roof Leak in your Sugar Land Home?
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help when disaster strikes!
They say April showers bring May flowers, but this April weather has been nothing less but perfect. The weather has been warmer and the trees and flowers have begun to bloom, However, springtime always seems to bring plenty of rain and plenty of rain always brings a higher risk of water damage to your home.
With the increase of showers as well as high winds, roof damage may occur or be revealed as water intrudes through your roof and damages your ceilings and walls. To reduce the risk of roof leaks, you should inspect your roof for any damages from the winter and inspect it after every major storm.
The most common cause of roof leaks is a damaged or missing shingle from storms or fallen branches. If you do experience water damage inside your home from the ceiling or wall, contact a professional. Give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call to help your storm damage needs (281) 313-1338!
Are you Detecting Mold in Your Office?
If there is an ongoing moisture problem in your business it is important to be alert for the presence of visible mold, strong, musty odors which may indicate mold is present, or any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused mold growth.
Mold can be found behind walls, under the carpet, in damp areas of the house, surrounding roof leaks or in an area that experiences high humidity If you think you may have a mold problem, give your team of experts a call. SERVPRO of Sugar Land knows how to find the source of the mold problems and locate any water damage or leaks causing the mold. We can help put your home back to the preloss conditions. If you have any questions about mold remediation, feel free to contact SERVPRO of Sugar Land at (281) 313-1338.
Preparing an Emergency Kit
Results after a sever storm can be devastating if you are not prepared for the situation. That is why SERVPRO of Sugar Land is encouraging to follow some tips in case of an event that a severe storm is approaching.
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Any medicine currently being taken
- Emergency food and water
- Extra change of clothes and shoes
- Important documents and cash
- Pet supplies if you are taking care of an animal
These are a list of basic supplies just in case disaster may strike. It is encouraged that everyone has an emergency kit. Aside from having an emergency kit ready, a plan should also be in place. If there is a designated storm area inside the home or office, occupants should head there with the emergency kits. Severe storms cannot be avoided, but with the right tools and resources they can be easier to deal with. Our team at SERVPRO of Sugar Land is dedicated to help you when disaster strikes!
TIps for Keeping The Workplace Safe
For your disinfecting needs, give our team a call at SERVPRO of Sugar Land (281) 313-1338!
If your business is still operating during these uncharted times encourage your team to:
- Practice Good Hygiene
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizers frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, desks, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
- Be Careful with Meetings and Travel
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
- Handle Food Carefully
- Limit sharing food with others
- Strengthen health screenings for cafeteria staff and their close contacts
- Ensure cafeteria staff and their close contacts practice strict hygiene
PLEASE STAY HOME if anyone is feeling sick, or if an employee has a sick family member in their home
CALL SERVPRO of Sugar Land for your cleaning and disinfecting needs at (281) 313-1338.
Spring cleaning is the time to get a fresh start to the spring season!
Spring has arrived and what better time of the year to clean the clutter out than now? A lot of us now are at home during these uncharted times, and while we may have some extra time on our hands why not start on some home cleaning projects. So while we are staying home, clear out old items that may be taking up too much space in your home by selling or even donating these (un)used items. Below are some resources to help you start your spring cleaning to get you back on track to the lifestyle you want.
Create a plan of action. Take an area and break it down into sections. Create different tasks that needs to be done around the house or office. Once the list has been made considering the time each task may take. By doing so, this may help organize the time it takes, which you can adjust your schedule accordingly throughout the rooms. [Using this checklist, you can divide the tasks by estimated times and create a flexible schedule giving yourself some spare time]
- Organize and pace yourself:
A really good deep spring cleaning should take more than a day. Set aside a weekend to steadily get the major chores done. An average amount of time to clean an area can take about 2-6 hours. As you start your spring cleaning, organize your time and tackle the big chores first. Declutter the room by sorting out and organize items into different piles. Once these tasks have been attacked then clean the surfaces with the tough grime and wiping down counter tops and polishing it. Don't overlook the items in plainsight such as kitchen appliances. Also, address the little small hidden crevasses. Don't rush - This will not happen in one afternoon, organize your time and pace yourself as you work on these chores.
Like cleaning a car, you start from the top and work your way down. When you begin dusting a room, it would only make sense to start at the top and work your way down. By starting from the top, you will be able to save more time and energy instead of having to repeat the task at hand.
Helpful hint: there is always an exception to the rules and cleaning walls can be considered one of those exceptions. When cleaning the walls it may be better to start from the bottom up, then back down again. Dirty soap streaks may be left behind and harder to clear off clean walls rather than dirty walls. Work your way back up to remove any drips.
- Dry clean before adding water to the mix:
Start with dusting before mopping. By adding water, the debris can be created into a big mess of muddy gunk. Helpful hints: sweep before mopping. Dust fan blades before washing them (with water) and vacuums or wipe windows before washing them as well.
- Keep up rather than catch up:
To make your future spring cleaning easier on you, create a monthly checklist of a task to do. Break it up by room or sections followed by a flexible schedule to get these chores accomplished.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialist Can Restore your Home
We make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufactures, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contracts, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
Have you checked around your home lately for any faulty wires, electrical cords, or power strips? If not, now is a great time to do it. Many homes have wires with insulation that has been worn off, rubbed off, or bitten off (rodents) that can lead to electrical fires. Many of these wiring issues can potentially cause a fire in your home which can result in a lot of damage to your property.
If you have a small fire outbreak due to these types of wiring issues, give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call. Our company has trained professionals and our company is a fire restoration company that will help fix your smoke damaged home and help salvage your property! Our team has the tools and equipment to remove soot from walls and filter out lingering smoke odors. Don’t hesitate to give our team a call today for your smoke and fire needs. (281) 313-1338