Thanksgiving is in just a few short days! SERVPRO of Sugar Land is thankful this year and we’re excited to be preparing a holiday feast! As our team gathers around the kitchen, it is important that we stay cautious. According to NFPA, it is the leading day of the year for home fires involving cooking equipment.
Please take a look at the following tips to stay safe this Thanksgiving:
- Only use turkey fryers outdoors; away from home or building and any flammable materials.
- Keep children and pets a safe distance away from the fryer when in use and for several hours after cooking.
- Do not leave the fryer unattended; temperature should also be monitored closely.
- If any smoke, at all, comes from the heating pot of oil, turn the burner off immediately as oil may be overheating.
- Cover any skin that is exposed; it is encouraged to use a pair of gloves that are designed for high heat.
- Follow the manufacture's recommendation for the amount of oil to add. Do not overfill the fryer.
- Be prepared - consider purchasing a fire extinguisher for safety precautions.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is available 24/7 if an emergency should occur. We are here to help. Give our team of trained professionals a call, we are dedicated to helping you when disaster strikes!