If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (281) 313-1338

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Electrical Safety Tips

3/25/2019 (Permalink)

Take a moment and review the electrical safety below to avoid any mishap. 

  • Inspect electrical outlets for damage before use
    Cracked or damaged sockets, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious shock or start a fire.
  • Do not overload electrical outlets
    Overloaded electrical outlets and faulty wires are a common cause of holiday fires. Avoid overloading outlets and plug only one high-wattage into each outlet at a time. 
  • Keep combustibles at least three feet from heat sources
    A heat source that was too close to the decoration was a factor in half of the home fires that began with decorations (NFPA).
  • Protect cords from damage 
    To avoid shock or fire hazards, cords should never be pinched by furniture, forced into small spaces such as doors and windows, placed under rugs, located near heat sources, or attached by nails or staples. 
  • Stay in the kitchen when something is cooking 
    Unattended cooking equipment is the leading cause of home cooking fires (NFPA).

At SERVPRO of Sugar Land, we are available 24 hours and 7 days a week.  Give us a call at (281) 313-1338! 

Other News

View Recent Posts