Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A situation involving biohazards can be a risk due to serious health consequences. SERVPRO of Sugar Land can handle such incidents with ease. Our crew is IICRC certified meaning they have the skills and know the procedures necessary to deal with biohazards. We also use OSHA approved cleaning products to eliminate all traces of the biohazard.
The health and safety of the property’s inhabitants require professional cleanup, sanitization, and odor removal on demand. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is equipped with the tool and necessary cleaning products. We are also an expert cleaning company. We provide biohazard home cleaning services and every commercial property. As a locally owned and operated company, we are ready to help our community. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help!
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (281) 313-1338
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Sugar Land has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Sugar Land
- New Territory
- Pecan Grove
- Mission Bend
- Cinco Ranch