Hurricane Season is Approaching
Hurricane season is coming quick, do you know when hurricane season officially begins? If you answered June 1st, you are correct! Hurricanes are unpredictable, which makes it hard to be prepared for one. Regardless, every business and residence should have an updated hurricane preparedness plan in place just in case a disastrous event were to take place. These plans should include having a clear plan of knowing what to do before the storm hits and who to contact after a hurricane strikes. SERVPRO of Sugar Land should be part of your emergency contacts. Our team is ready with the proper equipment and trained professionals to restore the aftermath caused by the storm. Remember to give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call - (281) 313-1338. We are always here to help!
Smoke and Soot Clean Up
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Sugar Land will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (281) 313–1338
What To Do Until Help Arrives
Have you ever experienced water damage in your home? Each time a house is damaged by water, the type and/or amount of damage can be different and requires different and unique solution. When sewer water enters your home, it may contain bacteria, viruses, and other microbes that can cause illness. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Sugar Land have the right equipment and specialized training to quickly fix these issue. While you're waiting for our services, here are some helpful things to do and not until help has arrived.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily damaged or we areas
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if they have been exposed to the contaminated areas.
Give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call if you ever experience any kind of water damage. Our experts are here to help, 281-313-1338.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialist Can Restore your Home
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufactures, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contracts, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is Hiring!
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is hiring a Water, Fire, Mold Emergency services Production Manager:
*One year industry experience as Production Manager or three years crew lead experience
*Has strong working knowledge of water mitigation process
*Has firm understanding of Xactimate software
*Must possess excellent communication skills
*Demonstrates sound leadership skills
*Strong attention to detail
*Strong organization skills
*Excellent team player
*Loves to help and serve others
-Paid Holidays and Vacation
Give us a call at (281) 313-1338 for more information.
National Preparedness Month
September is known as National Preparedness Month at SERVPRO of Sugar Land & SERVPRO of Victoria to help bring awareness to our local communities. This awareness event is sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the theme this year is "Don't wait, communicate". This program encourages everyone to take advantage of the information provided by FEMA because advanced planning is critical in dealing with and recovering from unexpected disasters.
Now is the perfect time to make a plan and know what to do in case of an emergency. Mother Nature has created multiple large disasters around the Houston area this year. It is important to keep your emergency contact list up-to-date and have alternative communication methods set up in case traditional means are affected. If you would like more information about staying prepared, visit www.ready.gov/september. It is never too early to be prepared. Remember disasters strikes when you least expect it. SERVPRO of Sugar Land & SERVPRO of Victoria are always prepared, to help make it "Like it never even happened".
Louisiana bound to help victims affected by the flood.
Storms occur with sometimes, little to no warning, in which case can make it difficult to plan how to prepare. Recently, more than 7 trillion gallons of rain fell over the Baton Rouge and Lafayette areas of Louisiana over an 8 day period. This flooding affected more than 40,000 homes, leaving over 30,000 people homeless.
SERVPRO is nationally known for having the expertise and the resources prepared for any size mishap and can respond instantly when disasters strikes. As the 2014 SERVPRO Top Storm Team, our offices assembled a storm team of knowledgeable professionals, loaded up trucks with equipment and drove off to Louisiana to help victims recover from the flood. NO matter how unpredictable the storms are, SERVPRO of Sugar Land and SERVPRO of Victoria is prepared, to help make it "Like it never even happened".
Does Your Sugar Land Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Sugar Land, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all molds, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see any signs of mold, Call SERVPRO of Sugar Land Today – (281) 313-1338
For Immediate Service Call SERVPRO of Sugar Land
SERVPRO of Sugar Land provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Sugar Land. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
· 24-Hour Emergency Service
· Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
· Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
· A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
· Locally Owned and Operated
· Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (281) 313-1338
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
· Water Damage Restoration
· Fire Damage Restoration
· Mold Remediation
· Storm Damage Restoration
· Cleaning Services
· Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Sugar Land commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
· Commercial Water Damage Restoration
· Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Get an Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Sugar Land
Give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call today and set up an ERP!
Do you own a small business? You can't always prevent disasters from happening, but you can always be prepared. Let SERVPRO of Sugar Land help you stay in business by helping you be prepared for unplanned disasters. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By creating a Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) with SERVPRO of Sugar Land you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. The Emergency Ready Profile provides critical details of your facility along with immediate contact information that provides a guide to get you back into your building after a disaster. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Be ready and get a free Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Sugar Land, give our office a call at (281) 313-1338. Making sure "Like it never even happened."