Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning For Your Business
Spring is around the corner and it’s time to think about your business indoor air quality. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business. If you’re air conditioner or HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating dust, pollen, odors, dirt and debris, and/or other contaminants
Inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC) will help keep the system clean and can extend the life of the equipment. This will give you cleaner air to breathe every day.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land recommends that you address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include: helping to eliminate offensive odors, help restore energy efficiency, and reduce potential mold growth.
Have more questions or would like more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call today (281) 313-1338.
Moisture Problems may Lead to Mold Problems
SERVPRO of Sugar Land handles water damages every day. Prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. If your property has sustained water damage, it is vital to have water removed and the structure dried promptly.
If you have experienced moisture problem in the building, it is important to be alert to the following factors:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors that might indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might indicate previous mold growth
- Excessive humidity
SERVPRO of Sugar Land understands the stress that comes with the unplanned damage. Our staff is dedicated to help make disasters “Like it never even happened.” If you or anyone you know experiences water or mold damage, please give our team a call at (281) 313-1338.
Proper Remediation Can Help Prevent Additional Damage
Although kitchen fires generally begin on the stove, the damage can affect the entire kitchen including the walls, ceiling, air ducts, and appliances. SERVPRO of Sugar Land offers a variety of services such as smoot and soot removal, deodorization, water removal and dehumidification to help restore homes to preloss condition when possible. Proper remediation of fire, smoke, soot and water damage can help prevent further damage such as lingering odors, mold growth and permanent discoloration of items. Electronic claims tracking provides real-time information to monitor our progress of the specific job claim. Here are some helpful tips to follow to prevent further damage following a fire loss incident:
- Limit movement to prevent further damage
- Place clean towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent additional soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances with a light coating of petroleum jelly
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is here to help you. Our professionals are available 24-hours a day, 365 days of the year to help you. When fire damage invades your home, give our team a call (281) 313-1338.
What to do Until Help Arrives
Have you ever experienced water damage in your home? Each time a house is damaged by water, the type and/or amount of damage can be different and requires different and unique solution. When sewer water enters your home, it may contain bacteria, viruses, and other microbes that can cause illness. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Sugar Land has the right equipment and specialized training to quickly fix these issue. While you're waiting for our services, here are some helpful things to do and not until help has arrived.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily damaged or we areas
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if they have been exposed to the contaminated areas.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is dedicated to help you when disaster strikes. Give our trained professionals a call if you ever experience any kind of water damage. Our experts are here to help, 281-313-1338.
Does this seem like the wettest winter in Sugar Land? Temperatures are lower, more rain has fallen, and heavier winds have over taken Sugar Land. If we recall correctly, it has been a long time since we’ve seen these kinds of weather patterns. While we have no control over the weather, we do have the opportunity to keep the weather from affecting our homes or business. To help prevent weather related damages from hurting your home or business, apply some of the following to tips to protect your property:
- Keep gutters clear of leaves, sticks and other debris to help ensure it can drain properly. Make sure downspouts direct water away from the home or business
- Wrap water pipes in your crawl spaces with insulation sleeves to slow heat transfer and prevent freezing
- If you have a fireplace, keep the flue closed when you're not using it
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets connected to pipes that run through unheated or unprotected spaces
Give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call if you have any additional questions. Our team is always here to help when disaster strikes!
Winterize Your Business
The winter months may call for some businesses to take some standard precautionary measures to help protect their company. These measures include basic maintenance checks and preparation to help ensure your business and employees remain safe. A few tips include:
- Check your business property for down tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves or debris accumulates causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats on non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is a team of specialists, trained in cleanup and care for your business. We are always here to help make disasters “Like it never even happened.” Give our team a call today if you experience any water or fire damage at (281) 313-1338.
Space Heater Safety
Cold temperatures call for some residents to seek out other heat sources in an effort to keep living spaces comfortable. The most common supplemental heat source is a portable space heater. Space heaters are easy to use and can quickly generate heat to warm up a home up from a real cold day. Consider the following these tips to minimize risks of a heating related fire in your home:
- Keep it three feet away from anything that can burn
- Do not use extension cords
- Turn off space heater when leaving the room or going to bed
- Don't use a space heater in a damp or wet area unless it's specifically made for that purpose
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test monthly
Mold Safety Tips
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all molds, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see any signs of mold, Call SERVPRO of Sugar Land Today – (281) 313-1338
Pipe Freeze Prevention
We are ringing in the New Year with freezing cold temperatures and this winter weather can take a toll on your home and property. We at SERVPRO of Sugar Land want to make sure you know the correct steps to take to prevent damages to your home and more importantly disruptions to your life. To limit potential for frozen pipes consider the following steps:
- Allow faucet to drip
- Seal up cracks and holes
- Apply heating tape
- Add extra insulation
If winter and cold weather take their toll on your home, do not hesitate to give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call, (281) 313- 1338. SERVPRO of Sugar Land has highly trained technicians with years of experience and certifications to get the job done. Our team is dedicated to help you when disaster strikes!
Emergency Ready Profile
Do you own a small business? You can't always prevent disasters from happening, but you can always be prepared. Start the New Year off by letting SERVPRO of Sugar Land help you stay in business by helping you be prepared for unplanned disasters. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By creating a Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) with SERVPRO of Sugar Land you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. The Emergency Ready Profile provides critical details of your facility along with immediate contact information that provides a guide to get you back into your building after a disaster. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Be ready and get a free Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Sugar Land, give our office a call at (281) 313-1338. We are dedicated to help make disasters "Like it never even happened."